When you think of direct mail probably what comes to mind is that pile of grocery ads and food coupons that end up in the trash. It definitely goes much deeper.
Here is a great definition from the Small Business Encyclopedia, “A marketing effort that uses a mail service to deliver a promotional printed piece to your target audience.”
And that is the most important aspect to direct mail is your target audience. Because a direct mailing campaign covers a broad diversity of marketing materials, which can include brochures, catalogs, postcards, newsletters and sales letters. The bigger corporations know that direct-mail advertising is one of the most effective and profitable ways to reach out to potential and existing clients. And yes! We here at Ford Printing and Mailing will help you with your mail service marketing goals.
To the average person, who does not own their business, that pile of ads and coupons is just “junk mail” that no one looks at. Well, junk mail isn’t junk when you’re in the process of leaning about post cards, flyers, etc. work with mail.
The wonderful benefits of a direct mail campaign is unlike some forms of advertising, in which you’re never sure just who’s getting your message, direct mail lets you communicate your message one-on-one with your target audience. As a result this allows you to manage and influence who receives your message.
- Complete Direct Mail Services
- Experts in Postal Regulations obtaining best postage rates available
- CASS Certify, NCOA and drop shipping
- Mailing Lists with demographics
- Digital Printing
- Variable Printing
- Offset Printing
- Machine Inserting
- Mailing Lists
- Laser Match Mailing
- Folding and Fulfillment
- Custom Handwork & Pick-Pack
- Custom Design – Postcards, Catalogs, Brochures and more!
Here are our basic direct mail marketing tips:
- Understand Your Target Customers – its knowing who you want to reach also known as your key demographics. For example, males 18 to 34 or females with children. You can go deeper and get a nice profile of your target customer’s shopping and purchasing behavior, their attitudes toward trends, products, etc.
- Target Your Ideal Customer – the old school thinking is, “Mail to as many people as you can; someone has to be interested.” If you have that type of money to waste you go for it! But once you understand your target customer you will be able to build a nice list of potential new leads.
- Pick a Mailing List Type – here we can’t overemphasize the importance and the significance of your direct mail program. Having a accurate mailing list will make all the difference in containing your most valuable prospect. The more careful you are in analyzing and selecting direct mailing lists, the better your chances for success.
- Create a Mailing – Now that you have a mailing list (yes, give yourself the time to make this list it will pay off in the long run) now create your message that will be delivers or mailed to your target customer.
Here is an excellent resource to help you more in building a solid and reliable mailing list, click here.